Words of Wisdom

"You have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince." -Mamaw Jackson

"Stupidity in a woman is unfeminine." -Freiderich Nietchze

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Some rambling to make up for the weekend away...

I swear, I haven't had a moment to sit down at my computer all weekend! I really thought about blogging several times, but I never did have a chance. I never thought this would be something I would miss when I was away from it.
We had a surprise birthday party for my fiance's oldest son who just turned 11. He was completely clueless... That was so much fun! We invited all his friends and our families that are in the area. It was a great party! There will be pictures in a following post :)

On Sunday afternoon we took the birthday boy to spend some of his birthday cash and I took my engagement ring for its semi-annual inspection and got it cleaned. It is blingin' like it is brand new! I think I found the perfect wedding band while I was there (it's about time!) It matches the band of my engagement ring perfectly. It's 1/2 cttw channel set diamonds in white gold. I wish I could find a picture of it on the internet, but do not worry, there will be pictures when I have it on my hand!
Also, tomorrow I'm going to look at a potential wedding reception venue. If we can book the place for this Spring, we will have our official date! It is a beautiful Inn in the downtown historic district of our city. I think it will be perfect. If there is enough space, we may have the ceremony there too, in which case I could enter from the stairs! I think that would be fabulous. I am thankful for my fiance for many reasons, but today I'm especially thankful that he is happy to go with me on these wedding expeditions, especially since my mother is less than enthusiastic about the whole wedding situation and has been particularly unreliable lately. But thats another blog.
Anyway ladies, my work duties are calling... I am about to use my bachelor's degree to unjam the copier. Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love when you get your ring cleaned...it looks brand new! If you have white gold, you may want to try having it rhodium plated if the gold ever looks dull. I have mine done once a year and it makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete