Words of Wisdom

"You have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince." -Mamaw Jackson

"Stupidity in a woman is unfeminine." -Freiderich Nietchze

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My First Entry

So, my two best friends have been telling me I need to start a blog. I really didn't even know what a blog was until I started reading Julie's at BrownEyedBelle. I'm not very techy.. I don't tweet or twitter or whatever the lingo is. I don't understand what it means to 'bing' something and I certainly don't want to be poked. But I think I'm getting the hang of this.
Last weekend, my girls and I had a reunion weekend. We hadn't been all three together since June! So of course, there was lots of catching up to do. We talk every day, but its just not the same as seeing each other every day! Lauren (her blog is coming soon) and I braved the wind and snow to get to Julie and of course it was all worth it. We went shopping on Saturday, and in a quest to help me be more fashionable, Julie and Lauren helped me pick out some fabulosity. My favorite find from the weekend was this trench coat:


I think it is very fashionable! What do you think?

The other best things of the weekend are food related. If you're on any kind of diet, skip this section. Julie made the BEST dip I have ever eaten. It is Harry & David Pepper and Onion Relish mixed with cream cheese. The other thing I highly recommend is White Merlot wine. I know, I know, it is not the most sophisticated of wines, but it is absolutely delish!

What do you and your best friends do when you get together?

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the coat!! Since all of my BFF's and I have kiddo's now we just go out for dinner every couple of months to catch up. Sounds like you all had a great weekend! Love your blog! I have a passion for damask ...and diamonds! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I just have to say I love making that dip! I bought some of the relish at the beach a couple summers ago and now when we go back I get multiple jars...it is addictive! Happy 1st post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep blogging-it is so much fun! Diamonds are a girl's BFF :) Actually my toddler is my BFF these days so she and I hang at the house and play in her play kitchen ! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blog world! I just started blogging last week as well, so it's a bit of a learning curve getting everything down, but it's a fun journey so far! :)
    And my BFF's and I are scattered all around the country now, so we don't get together as often as we used to, but we keep in contact via email and texting 24/7. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome! i don't tweet either...no idea what the bing or ping was...but wouldn't mind being poked! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My best friends and I love nachos - no mini-reunion is complete with them! Whenever we get together we have to find a restaurant that serves nachos (and hopefully margaritas).

    ReplyDelete