Words of Wisdom

"You have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince." -Mamaw Jackson

"Stupidity in a woman is unfeminine." -Freiderich Nietchze

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mmm.. What a peach!




I was in a waiting room a couple of days ago and I read this recipe in an issue of Southern Living Magazine from about a year ago.

Peach Sangria
  • 1 (750 mL) bottle of white wine
  • 1 cup peach schnapps
  • 1/2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
  • 2 nectarines, sliced
  • 1 cup green or red grapes, sliced or whole
  • Combine, cover, and chill at least 2 hours or overnight. Stir before serving. Makes 8 cups.

Does this not sound amazing? I plan to try it the next time my ladies and I get together. :)

Peach is one of my favorite flavors (and scents). Have you tried the Juicy Peach candle from Yankee Candle? I highly recommend it!




Also, there are the peach flavored Dum-Dum lollipops. I will always scour a bowl of these for a peach one! And of course, peach pie or peach cobbler, and of course... drum roll please...

Peachie Tea from Pal's (a small chain of fast food restaurants near where I went to college) THAT is probably my very favorite peach thing!

What is your favorite flavor? Do you love peach as much as I do?

3 comments:

  1. that sounds just 'peachy'! i love sangria!!!
    i love love love southern living! my dessert for tonight is from oct 2008! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving that peach candle. I will have to try that out this summer. Too bad we don't have peachie tea here in NC. I am excited you will be joining in for the "sips of the south". I am sure we will have a good time posting about all this southern goodness- like peaches -perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peach is a favorite of mine too! Where I live we have this restaurant that makes the BEST homemade peach cobbler complete with the sugary crust and vanilla icecream. It's sinful!

    And I want to make that Sangria soon!

    ReplyDelete